10+ ParameteRR reports don^t work

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Owen_Graupman_(Guest)

10+ ParameteRR reports don^t work

Post by Owen_Graupman_(Guest) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:27 pm

Kathleen,____We just received our version 10 upgrade today, which appears to be working much better than version 9. We do have one issue...none of our version 9-created reports run if they take advantage of the ParameteRR feature. Those that don^t use ParameteRR work fine. Any thoughts? This occurs regardless of whether the report is run from the designer or from the runtime, and regardless of the machine used. The record selection window will appear for a split second before disappearing and the report designer closing instantly. Resaving the report does nothing.____Thanks,__-Owen Graupman

kfleming

=> 10+ ParameteRR reports don^t work

Post by kfleming » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:55 am

I am not aware of a problem with V10 parameteRRs. Do you see the same problem with a newly created report or is it only the older ones?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Owen_Graupman_(Guest)

==> RE: 10+ ParameteRR don^t work

Post by Owen_Graupman_(Guest) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:26 pm

New ParameteRR reports work fine. I can manually recreate each report if I have to...but there^s quite a few of them and it^ll be a big pain (too bad R&R doesn^t support cut & paste between reports!). I can send you a sample report along with a test database, if you^d like.____-Owen Graupman

Owen_Graupman_(Guest)

===> RE: 10+ ParameteRR don^t work

Post by Owen_Graupman_(Guest) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:46 pm

Okay...I figured out what is causing the report to crash. Disregard my last post, this affects both new and existing reports...____We have a ParameteRR field called FilterLen, which has a single-digit integer value (mask is 9). This field is then used in a calculated field with the following formula LEFT(UPPER(InsuranceCoName),FilterLen). The idea of this field is to combine insurance company names that are similar, but not quite identical. The parameteRR field is used to trim the length of the insurance company name. The calculated field is then used as a grouping level.____Anyway, like I said, using the ParameteRR field in this manner causes problems.