Export to Worksheet

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
GSL

Export to Worksheet

Post by GSL » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:55 pm

Why when we export data to a worksheet any blank dates end up as 1/0/1900. How do we make blank dates blank?

kfleming

=> RE: Export to Worksheet

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:43 pm

Use the IIF along with DTOC function to convert the dates to strings and test for a blank date and return an empty string in that case, otherwise return a date converted to a string.____Kathleen__R&R Support

GSL

==> Export to Worksheet

Post by GSL » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:42 pm

Is it a bug and will it be fixed soon? It^s a pain that we need to do this for all date fields in order to have it export correctly. Thanks.

GSL

===> Export to Worksheet

Post by GSL » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:03 pm

Will it be fixed with next service pack?

kfleming

====> RE: Export to Worksheet

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:08 pm

It is on the enhancement list. Maybe not quite at the top of list but definitely on the list.____Kathleen__R&R Support

SimonBray

=====> RE: Export to Worksheet

Post by SimonBray » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:22 pm

For "enhancement" do we read "next version" ? Why can^t bugs be fixed in R&R anymore without buying the next version ? And please don^t tell me that Liveware Publishing are a small company that don^t have the resources to do this - either you are competing with your competitors or you are not. I am sorry if I am seeming a bit blunt but that is how it comes across with you guys. You issue a first release service pack on a new version to fix the big holes and then shift everything else into the next version. ____Regards,__Simon Bray.

kfleming

======> RE: Export to Worksheet

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:28 pm

Bug fixes for the current release are generally made as freely available point releases and are posted to the website.____However it is true that we do not go back and issue bug fix updates to older releases. We try to support users with older releases by looking for workarounds. In the case of blank date export there is a workaround.____I do not think this is an unreasonable way to do things. Our expectation is that users will buy and use our software and find most problems while that version is the current release. And I think we have been responsive in creating and posting fixes as they get found.____I am of course prejudiced and welcome any user comments that either support or refute my opinions.____And I am also very much still an end user of this product and have personally felt the ouch of a number of bugs within my own usage.______Kathleen__R&R Support____