Image size varies

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
cal

Image size varies

Post by cal » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:02 am

I am using RR 10.0, 10.0.010, to produce printed output and a pdf of a one page document with a graphic header logo. Using the PC^s in my office and my HP LaserJet 4plus printer, the image displays on the screen and prints the logo and text exactly as it appears when I preview it in the Report Designer. This is true for print preview, print to printer, export to pdf and print from pdf. When my client does any of these operations, the logo is reduced to about half the desired size and is somewhat off center to the left.____Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this?____Thanks, in advance.____Cal

kfleming

=> RE: Image size varies

Post by kfleming » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:01 pm

What printer is the client using?____Kathleen__R&R Support

cal

==> RE: Image size varies

Post by cal » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:17 am

Kyocera laser printer. I can get model # if you need it.____Thanks.____Cal

cal

Post by cal » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:35 am

Kyocera Mita FS-1800+

cal

Post by cal » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:48 pm

Kathleen:____Does the client^s printer tell you anything you might pass along to help me with this problem?____I am stumped, and the output I^m making for my client is unacceptable.____Thanks.____Cal

kfleming

===> RE: Image size varies

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:18 pm

Can the client use the workaround of printing to PDF and then sending that PDF to the Kyocera?____Kathleen__R&R Support

cal

====> RE: Image size varies

Post by cal » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:08 am

A PDF produced on the PC at my client even DISPLAYS with the logo distorted... smaller than desired, off center to the left, and misproportioned. When it is printed, it appears the same as when it^s displayed using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If the PDF produced at the client is sent ot my office and I display it, the logo is distorted. When I print it, same thing.____Duh! Suddenly, it apparent the logo is being CREATED distorted in the PDF created by this PC. Could it be screen resolution? ____I will use another PC at my client^s office to create the PDF and see what happens. I^ll let you know.____Cal____

cal

====> RE: Image size varies

Post by cal » Mon May 03, 2004 1:06 pm

Kathleen:__I have done some further investigation of the image size variation issue.____I have in my office network, a Win2000 Pro station, a Win98se station, and a WinXP Pro station. All are in a Win2000 network with a Win2000 server.____The subject document is a "coversheet summary" used in transmitting information to company officials as part of presenting a candidate for employment consideration.____I have run my application from each of these three machines, in turn, and printed the same document from each to the same network HP Laserjet 4plus printer which is attached to the server using a Linksys Etherfast PrintServer. The text portion of the document appears to be identical in all three cases. But the picture object, which is the letterhead is a different size in each case. This is repeatable and occurs the same way every time I do this. Additionally, if I do a "print preview" from the app, the difference in the size of the letterhead appears exactly as it does in the hard copies. If I produce PDF output, the either display using Acrobat Reader (r), or print from the PDF, the difference in size of the letterhead is the same as printing from rrwrun directly to the printer... that is, on the Win2000 and Win98 pcs. I haven^t yet succeeded in creating the PDF output file from the WinXP pc, but I would suspect that problem is another issue.____Would you like for me to fax you the output, and email you the .rrws and data used to produce this?____It would seem that the only difference is the OS, but what specifically in that area is presently beyond me.____Thanks for any help you can give me.______Cal ____

A._Smith_(Guest)

=====> RE: Image size varies

Post by A._Smith_(Guest) » Tue May 04, 2004 11:36 am

CAL,____I don^t have a lot of exp using images in RR, but we ran into a similiar situation where certain document types with embedded, font^s, logo^s etc will not print to a printer using a standard HP Laserjet driver (4, III, etc.)____If you have a color printer setup any place, test print the document that printer. See if it changes anything. It is always possible the printer does not support the format you are trying to send to it which is why it is coming out garbaged....____Adam

cal

======> RE: Image size varies

Post by cal » Tue May 04, 2004 3:06 pm

Thanks, Adam.____It might shed some light to try an inkjet, which I have. But the problem in my shop is that different OS^s Win2000, Win98, and WinXP-Pro produce different results using the SAME printer. Ine of them is okay, and the other two are unacceptable!____Also, the PDF files produced by the three OS^s are different, too. Exactly like th eprinted images.____Whew!____Cal