printing memo fields problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
john

printing memo fields problem

Post by john » Tue May 04, 2004 4:33 pm

I have a one page report (one page per record) that will on occassion not print the whole memo field____When displaying the field using dBASE, the result looks like this:____this is some text And this is the suspect text__and this is some more text____when this field prints the result is:____this is some text__and this is some more text____The space on the report is more than large enough, but the suspect text does not print____It would appear that the suspect text was added to the memo field and the "more" text was also added - sometimes at the same time but not always____I have tried to find an extra CR/LF or something odd in the text itself nothing seems to show up____Anyone have any clues ???____Thanks____John

cal

=> RE: printing memo fields problem

Post by cal » Wed May 05, 2004 7:53 am

Hello, John.____I have recently used a memo field in a one page document produced with RR9.0 and now 10. I have formatting problems, wrapping problems, and missing text problems, until I decided to let RR do all of the formatting. After the application^s entry and or editing of the memo text, my program (in Clipper 5.2) call memotran(), a Clipper function which replaces (optionally) any hard CR/LF pairs and/or soft CR/LF pairs. I replace them with spaces. Then I replace any occurrence of more than one successive space with a single space. This leaves the memo text as on long string. RR then formats it perfectly at print time.____Hope this helps.____Cal

john

==> RE: printing memo fields problem

Post by john » Wed May 05, 2004 8:55 am

Thanks - I^ll give it a shot__was thinking about extra CR/LFs not just removing all of them____John__

cal

===> RE: printing memo fields problem

Post by cal » Thu May 06, 2004 8:41 am

John:____Let us know if the solution worked. I^m going to be doing a lot of this type of stuff for one client and I^m interested in any "pits" into which I might fall. ;)____Cal

john

====> RE: printing memo fields problem

Post by john » Tue May 11, 2004 7:59 am

Well that didn^t work__I have done a lot of digging into this one and suspect it is a corrupt R&R file problem__Only one client has the problem, no one else - but it happens exactly the same on all the workstations in that office____I can bring the data files back to my office and they print fine____will be checking version numbers on all related files today - maybe I can spot something____John__

john

=====> RE: printing memo fields problem

Post by john » Tue May 11, 2004 9:13 pm

found the problem____the client machine had the wrong version of RRPD.DLL____All is well with the world____John