Runtime Output

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
G_Ondovchak_(Guest)

Runtime Output

Post by G_Ondovchak_(Guest) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:53 pm

I have a customer using the R&R runtime V9.0 and printing to Adobe^s PDF driver to produce a PDF file.__The R&R runtime is initiated from another application that I^ve developed.__The customer now wants to have the PDF file created automatically and the file name determined by the application. (It will be different each time.) Ultimately the user shouldn^t have to do anything (or any thinking :) except to initiate the report.____Can this be accomplished with R&R in some way? ____I think the user may want to e-mail the files so I was looking at the e-mail bursting information but I couldn^t determine if that would help. And it isn^t available in the runtime for 9.0 at least. Is it available in 10 or 10+ ?____The main problem I see is that the PDF driver looks like any other printer driver so there isn^t anyway to specify the filename it creates.____TIA,__George Ondovchak

kfleming

=> RE: Runtime Output

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:26 pm

You could use the driver that ships with R&R instead.__Set__RI_PRINTER=__RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE=C:myfile.PDF______Kathleen__R&R Support

G_Ondovchak_(Guest)

==> RE: Runtime Output

Post by G_Ondovchak_(Guest) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:58 pm

Your suggestion works in the designer but not in the runtime for V9.0. Should it?____I noticed another posting mentioned an INSTALL.EXE but that isn^t part of my R&R installation. Can you point me to a document that explains how to install R&R^s PDF driver on other machines with the runtime?____Thanks again!__George

kfleming

===> RE: Runtime Output

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:00 pm

Send an email to livesupport@livewarepub.com and we can make the install.exe program available to you.____Kathleen__R&R Support

G_Ondovchak_(Guest)

====> RE: Runtime PDF Output

Post by G_Ondovchak_(Guest) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:56 pm

I have received the Install.exe mentioned above and used it successfully except on a Windows 2000 Terminal Server.____After installing the driver on that machine and trying to print I get an error that states "There was an error printing rrReport.rrw to file outputfile.pdf" and the choices Retry or Cancel. (The text may not be exact, I^m doing it from memory. Its a windows dialog that comes up). Retry isn^t working and when you cancel - the R&R PDF driver is deleted! I installed the driver as Administrator with the command "Install "R&R PDF Export" -s".____The same program works from other workstations on the customer^s network so I^m pretty confident there isn^t anything wrong there.____Any ideas?____TIA__George Ondovchak

G_Ondovchak_(Guest)

=====> RE: Runtime PDF Output

Post by G_Ondovchak_(Guest) » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:55 am

See above.

kfleming

======> RE: Runtime PDF Output

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:08 am

Try adding the line PDFDRIVER=0 to the Defaults section of the RRW.INI file. That way R&R will not try to add or delete the driver.____Kathleen__R&R Support

G_Ondovchak_(Guest)

=======> RE: Runtime PDF Output

Post by G_Ondovchak_(Guest) » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:32 pm

I tried the above without effect. I^m getting the same behavior. When I try to print, the R&R runtime loads and then a dialog comes up with the title "Printers Folder" and the message: There was an error found when printing the document "rrACC Invoice.rrw" to g:amiinvoicesInvcACC156962.pdf. Do you want to retry or cancel the job. ____Retry is futile, after clicking cancel the R&R PDF printer disappears from the Printers folder.____I assumed the RRW.INI needs to be in the windows directory but I also tried it in the application directory.____Is there anything else I can do?__