R&R PDF Export printer disappears

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
John_Nicholas_(Guest)

R&R PDF Export printer disappears

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:06 am

Hi all,____I have been having problems getting PDF printing working. I am using XP Pro SP2, and R&R 10.1.003. I installed the PDF printer using the suggested name, and at one stage I could print to a PDF OK. Now something seems to have changed, and the printer is still available in rapidrun, but not in Windows printer list, so it fails because it can^t find the correct PDF printer. If I install again, no difference. Is there an uninstall?____I saw a reference to renaming cdintf.dll (although not the reason?) so I have done this. Also tried deleting the RRW.INI and then putting it back. Added the PDFdriver=1, and Printer=R&R PDF Export to the RRW.INI to see if it would make a difference, no joy. Export to other file types works fine. ____John Nicholas__LAN Consulting__john@celsol.co.za____

kfleming

=> R&R PDF Export printer disappears

Post by kfleming » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:04 pm

Are you using the INSTALL.EXE program to install the printer?____Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Nicholas_(Guest)

==> R&R PDF Export printer disappears

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:54 am

Hi,____Yes, used the install.exe with the correct parameters. It did initially work, and I could print to a PDF once or twice. Then the R&R PDF Export printer somehow disappeared, and I haven^t managed to get it back, although it does show in the printer list under Rapidrun. ____If I try install now the log file tells me ____spooler error__Error Code -1__Unknown Error.____Regards______John

Patrickmix

===> R&R PDF Export printer disappears

Post by Patrickmix » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:24 pm

Try adding a -S switch to the install command line.____Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Nicholas_(Guest)

====> R&R PDF Export printer disappears

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:08 pm

The -s option was used.____I think I found the problem though - if you install the driver twice, the printer disappears / pdf printing stops working. The fix is to run a report with the cdintf.dll enabled. This load / unload seems to fix things, and the cdintf.dll can be renamed again.____John