SQL Allocation Error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dan_Flynn_(Guest)

SQL Allocation Error

Post by Dan_Flynn_(Guest) » Sun Aug 26, 2001 1:11 pm

One of my customers gets an SQL Allocation error when trying to print via runtime. He is running WinNT. I am using the Intersolv ODBC with Corel Paradox. I have not seen this error with other customers. We get the same error when trying to run the report by manually starting rswrun.exe via the explorer and trying to open a report.____Thanks for any help.____Dan__:-(

kfleming

=> RE: SQL Allocation Error

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:42 am

Can the user create a new report using that datasource?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dan_Flynn_(Guest)

==> RE: SQL Allocation Error

Post by Dan_Flynn_(Guest) » Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:01 am

They only have the runtime for R&R 8.1. I don^t believe they can create their own reports. I know they cannot run a report by manually selecting it.____Dan

kfleming

===> RE: SQL Allocation Error

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:21 am

Do they have MSAccess available? That would allow them to try to fetch data using the data source so that we could test whether the problem is at the data source level or just with R&R.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Nick_(Guest)

====> RE: SQL Allocation Error

Post by Nick_(Guest) » Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:20 pm

I have been successful is using MS EXCEL link to MS QUERY to test SQL data sources.__Start MS EXCEL - click DATA - click GET EXTERNAL DATA - click CREATE NEW QUERY - make sure checkbox for Query Wizard is on - select the DATA SOURCE - click OK - __use the Query Wizard to select the tables and columns - ____If you can get data using MS Query - then RR can get it.__If MS Query fails - the RR will also fail.____nick__