PDF Driver Problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
David_Lambert_(Guest)

PDF Driver Problem

Post by David_Lambert_(Guest) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:41 pm

Hello I^ve been fighting with this little problem for a while now and was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. ____I am running R&R 9 on Windows XP SP1 using the PDF Driver. Everything works fine if only one report is ever run at any given time. It seems that the rrwrun.exe loads the PDF Driver at startup and then deletes it when it closes. This is fine if there aren^t any other programs still opened that will eventually print from this same driver. ____Example:____User prints two reports at the same time that are automatically dropped into different files. (Report1.txt, and Report2.PDF). Both reports are being exectuted at the same time so when Report1.txt is finished it deletes the PDF Driver. When Report2.PDF is ready to print to the Driver it has already been deleted and the program crashes. The error Message is "R&R Report Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close." This even happens if you are not exporting to two text files because both instances try to delete the printer when they are done and the second one always fails.____I have tried many configurations and have not found a way to stop this. If I delete the PDF driver DLLs so they are never loaded then I can run multiple reports fine but can never export to PDF. Is there a way to make the PDF Driver stay installed all the time? If not is there a secondary solution? Any help is greatly appreciated.____David Lambert__Digital Matrix__www.dmisoft.com

kfleming

=> RE: PDF Driver Problem

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:38 am

Send me an email and I will send you a copy of the INSTALL program that will permanently install the PDF driver.____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com

David_Lambert_(Guest)

==> RE: PDF Driver Problem

Post by David_Lambert_(Guest) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:57 pm

Thanks for the quick response Kathleen. I have just sent the email to you. Thanks.____David Lambert__Digital Matrix__www.dmisoft.com

David_Lambert_(Guest)

===> RE: PDF Driver Problem

Post by David_Lambert_(Guest) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:40 pm

I have received the PDFFiles and have extracted them to the R&R directory but when I execute install.exe "R&R PDF Export" -s the driver is not installed and the install.log says:____Windows NT/2000 Install__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__Spooler Error__Error Code: -1__Unknown Error...__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------____I have administrator rights on this computer. Is this a known problem on Windows XP Pro SP1?____David Lambert__Digital Matrix__www.dmisoft.com

David_Lambert_(Guest)

====> RE: PDF Driver Problem

Post by David_Lambert_(Guest) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:46 pm

I found the solution to this problem on the Amyuni Website.____"This issue can be overcome by executing install -p to install the PDF__printer. The -p option prevents the install utility to try stopping and__restarting the spooler which may not be always possible under NT Server. "____Printer driver then installs fine. ____David Lambert__Digital Matrix International__www.dmisoft.com

David_Lambert_(Guest)

=====> RE: PDF Driver Problem

Post by David_Lambert_(Guest) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:50 am

I have received the PDF Printer Driver install program and have successfully installed it but everytime R&R runs it always deletes the printer driver which causes any other R&R runtimes to generate errors. I^ve tried to use PDFDriver=0 in the Ini file but it doesn^t seem to make any difference. Is there any other way to force R&R not to touch the Printer driver at all?____Thanks____David Lambert__Digital Matrix__www.dmisoft.com

Peggy_Kuhn_(Guest)

======> RE: PDF Driver Problem

Post by Peggy_Kuhn_(Guest) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:12 pm

You might want to install Service Pack 2. We had various printing problems that were resolved with this service pack.