Graphs & Memory Errors

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rickmds

Graphs & Memory Errors

Post by rickmds » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:36 pm

Hi__I am using the newest version of R&R 11 and distributing reports with the runtime. Several of the reports have several graphs on band footers and grand summary bands. These reports tend to throw Mirosoft program errors which I am assumming are associated with memory/program conflicts. (The R&R PDF driver has been disables so this is not an issue and the PC^s tent to have a GB of memory in them.) Are others experiencing this issue? Are there fixes available or published limitations on the number of graphs that can be on a report? Are there graph do^s & dont^s?__Suggestions & feedback greatly appreciated.__Thanks in advance.__Rick

kfleming

=> RE: Graphs & Memory Errors

Post by kfleming » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:57 am

We have seen problems in a large report with many records that includes graphs in a group footer. This issue is listed in the README file for V11 as a open problem to be fixed.____Kathleen__R&R Support

rickmds

==> RE: Graphs & Memory Errors

Post by rickmds » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:47 am

Kathleen__I read the source document you referenced; it did not address the questions I was asking. Given that this is a known problem is it possible to provide some guidence on how to avoid it or minimize it^s impact until it is fixed? Additionally, this problem apprars to get worse with each new release. Is there an expected fix date?__Rick

kfleming

===> RE: Graphs & Memory Errors

Post by kfleming » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:52 pm

There is a memory leak with large data files and graphs. It is on the open issues list along with a number of other problems. Our development queue is bigger than our development staff and this one requires substantial effort to debug so I cannot give a when it will be fixed date.____Kathleen__R&R Support

rickmds

====> RE: Graphs & Memory Errors

Post by rickmds » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:14 pm

Kathleen__The reports associated with this problem does not have large data files; the main table only has about 500 records. The explanation implies the existance 2 conditions which is why I am asking if there may be more specific instructions in the use of graphs in reports.__Rick__