Problem with flexlink

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
MikeN_(Guest)

Problem with flexlink

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:57 pm

Hello, I^m having a problem with a flexlink index. When I try to run the report, it gives an error: "Cannot open index file (file may be in use): NoticesS.rrx". I^ve deleted the RRX file in the temp folder, no help. Interestingly enough, the report works fine on the workstation I created the report on... whether or not I delete the RRX file. Help! Thanks...__

kfleming

=> RE: Problem with flexlink

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:14 am

Is it only that report or do others with a flexlink cause a similar error on that workstation?____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

==> RE: Problem with flexlink

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:46 pm

Wow, sorry for the slow response! :)____Yes, there is more than one report with the problem, but all of the reports share the same flex index (NoticesS.rrx). I ran in to a problem with that on the workstation I created the reports on, so I delete the RRX file between reports to solve the problem. That doesn^t work on the other workstation, though... it doesn^t want to work regardless of whether or not the RRX file is there.____Both workstations are identical: same age, brand/model, memory, OS (Win XP SP2 and all of the post SP2 hotfixes), and the same point release of R&R.____Please advise, thanks!____Miken

kfleming

===> RE: Problem with flexlink

Post by kfleming » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:15 pm

Is it the report designer in both cases or just runtime that is running the report?____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

====> RE: Problem with flexlink

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:07 pm

In both cases the report is called from an .RRS file. Both workstations, the good one AND the bad one :), had R&R installed the same way... typical install with the 11.1.008 update applied.____thanks

kfleming

=====> RE: Problem with flexlink

Post by kfleming » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 am

Can the report be opened and run without error using the Report Designer on the bad machine?____Is there any chance that the bad machine is finding an older RRWRUN.EXE that does not support flexlink? That would cause R&R to try to find a hard coded index rather than being able to build one on the fly.____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

======> RE: Problem with flexlink

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:44 pm

Yes! Yes! YES!____I must have installed the new version of R&R without uninstalling the old version. The .RRW files were associated with version 11 while the .RRS files were still associated with version 8.1!! You^re brilliant, thanks (yet again) for your help!____Mike N.