Convert to SQL

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

=========> RE: Convert to SQL

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:53 am

Appreciate your help__;DataSourceOuterJoinStyle = 1__This change got me past the compatibility level 80 issues and then on to the next set of problems____First, if I convert the same file several times I will get one of three results when I open the report.____1) Can^t find master file and no default.____2) Message: "DB_access...Incorect syntax near ^^ ... statement could not be prepared." This comes up after selecting every relationship. I can then edit the joins to NONE plus fix a few fields and run the report.____3) Like 2 except after completion the joins all have ? at the start of the line.____#2 works although I would sure appreciate a more auotmatic method. Of course, I don^t know how to predict which conversion will result in #2.____Also, I suppose there is no way to avoid the problem cause dby long fields.____

Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

==========> RE: Convert to SQL

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:19 am

FYI: Solved problem described in my previous post. Had to close rrcnvrt after every conversion and reopen for the next one.____Still have a problem__I have a report that runs but the data is all zero. I am wondering if it has something to do with the * and ? used in my calculated and total variables?__

Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

===========> RE: Convert to SQL

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:33 am

Conversion to SQL from dbf continuing.____1) Need answer to my question in previous post.____2) Have converted reports to run of of my test sql database. Now want to change so the same reports use the live database which is located on a different SQL server.__There are actuly two issues:__a) How do I map all of the reports to permanently run off of another datasource.__b) How do I do an ad hoc change to access a different datasource occassionally.__