Distributing Reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
radhak

Distributing Reports

Post by radhak » Fri May 02, 2003 5:30 am

I have written some reports on R&RRW 9.0 and I would like distribute these reports to various users. ____All they have to do is to click on the individual icons and run the report.____I am new to R&R and I would like to know how I could achieve this.____Please respond.____

kfleming

=> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by kfleming » Fri May 02, 2003 6:04 am

The on line help system describes runtime and the files that you need to distribute.____Kathleen__R&R Support

radhak

==> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by radhak » Fri May 02, 2003 11:39 am

Thanks Kathleen,____When you say, online Help, does it mean the help screens you get on the R&R report generator screen??____Further, is there any documentation on the web, which gives me details as to how I could create an array to be included in the report?____Your response is much appreciated.__

radhak

==> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by radhak » Fri May 02, 2003 11:56 am

>The on line help system describes runtime and the files that __>you need to distribute. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Is there a utility, which will create a distribution folder or file, which could be used to distribute the files in PCs where R&R is not installed?____Is it possible to distribute these reports toa PC which does not have R&R installed?____Regards

kfleming

===> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by kfleming » Fri May 02, 2003 12:33 pm

http://207.5.91.140/dcforum/DCForumID2/1373.html____lists the runtime file requirements. There is not however an R&R utility to install just these runtime files.______Kathleen__R&R Support

radhak

====> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by radhak » Tue May 06, 2003 2:17 am

Thanks Kathleen.____I have another question for you.____is there any documentation on the web, which gives me details as to how I could create an array to be included in the report?____Regards

kfleming

=====> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by kfleming » Tue May 06, 2003 6:37 am

R&R does not specifically support arrays. What do you want to do with the array since there may be an alternative way to do it using the functionality that is available in R&R.____Kathleen__R&R Support

radhak

======> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by radhak » Tue May 06, 2003 9:58 am

>R&R does not specifically support arrays. What do you want __>to do with the array since there may be an alternative way __>to do it using the functionality that is available in R&R. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____I have a primary file, using which I want to read another file. The primary file has one to many relationship with the secondary file. ____Using a field as a key from the primary file, I want to read each record in the secondary file (one-to-many) and create an array to hold records or some fields in the secondary file. Otherwise, I seem to be printing records for each of the record (matching) in the secondary file.____Your help is much appreciated.__

pdempsey

=======> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by pdempsey » Wed May 07, 2003 3:01 am

This solution assumes you only want to print certain records of the secondary file:____Try scanning into the secondary file using the key field. If you don^t want to print every record, but only records based on a certain condition, set a calculated logic field (I always call them printflag) based on the condition. Then set the properties of the record line to only print it if you^re scanning the secondary file and the printflag is true.____Hope this helps.____-Pat-

radhak

========> RE: Distributing Reports

Post by radhak » Wed May 07, 2003 5:26 am

Thanks.____I am not sure whether you understood my question.____I want to read a secondary file and take records (one-to-many) satisfying the key from the record from the primary file and print it before proceeding to the next record from the primary file.____What happens now is that for every record the system finds in the secondary record, it prints the primary record and the secondary record.____Customer number - From Primary file__Orders for each customer - Secondary file (Customer number + Order number)__For each Customer number, I need the customer details to be printed followed by the order details for this customer.____After printing these details, it should go and read the next record from the customer file and do the same thing.____Presently, what it does is for each order record it prints the customer details too.____Your assistance is much appreciated.____