EXPORTING

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Michael

EXPORTING

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:49 pm

Greetings, I have a report which uses a master product file and relations into two separate transaction files(one is a history transaction file and the other a "current" transaction file)both have the same layout. I created TWO record lines with identical fields from each transaction file, the top one is for Current record info, the next is for History. I determine if the master file has a matching record in either transaction file and use the band line Properties to print the line if a match is found. This works great when printing to screen or printer. HOWEVER, when I attempt to Export to any type of file format and choose the Edit button to select the band line to export, there is only ONE "Record" line to choose, and therefore only the first Record band I created(Current)is exported, the 2nd Record bandline will not export. Do you know how I can accomplish the desired results of getting BOTH Record lines to export? Thank you.__Michael

kfleming

=> RE: EXPORTING

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:15 pm

Export will export all of the fields from the record band area but only one field of each name. So if the field named PARTNO from each table was on each band, only the first would be exported. So what you would need to do is to create a set of calculated fields and place those on the layout. So instead of PARTNO from the second file, you would create a calculated field named PARTNO2 whose expression would be TABLE2->PARTNO. Then R&R would export PARTNO from TABLE1 and PARTNO2 from TABLE2.____Kathleen__R&R Support