Emailing Reports Partial Solution

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Pat_D_(Guest)

Emailing Reports Partial Solution

Post by Pat_D_(Guest) » Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:30 am

If you wish to email one report at a time out of R&R Runtime, take at look at 602Pro Print Pack from BlueSquirrel.com. It^s a little $19 utility that installs a new printer called print2mail.____Your R&R report will be right in the body of the email. You can write text all around.____Your target will have to have his emailer set to read HTML mail to read the report. Most people already have that set since they get so many emailed newsletters.____Another limitation is that the reports will be 200 dpi, not the usual 300 dpi. However, they seem to print fine and they can include graphics, even grayscales. It^s a good bang for the buck and you can email virtually anything you can print.____Now, if R&R could do the same with the bursting feature, that would be great.____My personal feeling is that the email bursting is just in phase I and that, like most software, enhancements will be incremental. How many of you added a feature to a package, got user imput and then went back and made it better. I think that^s what we^ll see with R&R Email.____Pat ____