End of line not recognized

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
ccoller

End of line not recognized

Post by ccoller » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

When displaying a block of text the end of line is not recoqnized.____I was given a fix a few years ago but now I have updated to 12.5 and can^t locate the fix. It was in rswsql.ini, rsw.srt or rsw.ini. Using the Dydacomp MOM Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database.__

kfleming

=> RE: End of line not recognized

Post by kfleming » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 pm

It is the SPECIAL section of RSW.INI and is described in the INI file section of the help file.____Kathleen__R&R Support

ccoller

==> RE: End of line not recognized

Post by ccoller » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:23 pm

1) When I key ini into help index it comes up with iif help screen??? I did find another help screen on your web site.____2) Added AsciiEditor=0 to windows sw.ini but no change. Lines still run together. Text looks fine in a MOM comment area. I had closed and reopend R&R after the change to rsw.ini.__

ccoller

===> RE: End of line not recognized

Post by ccoller » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Need response.____"It is the SPECIAL section of RSW.INI and is described in the INI file section of the help file."____Unable to track down what I need to do to solve the problem as there is no SPECIAL section and help points to the iif command.____Can you elaborate or be more specific. Using 64 bit Win7 and R&R 12.5.001.______

kfleming

====> RE: End of line not recognized

Post by kfleming » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:18 pm

You need to manually add the SPECIAL section to the file.____Here is the information from the latest help file:____[Special]__ __AsciiEditor__ New line characters in data fields__ 1__ 1=single <NL> converted to pace; 2 or more consecutive <NL> chars will be preserved. ____0= line endings in large char fields will be preserved (except special BASE memo editor "soft return" sequence, which is converted to single space.____Ignored if CharRaw is non-zero. __ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __CharRaw__ Tab characters in data fields__ Default is 0__ 0=converts tab into space & removes all other control codes except for <NL>____1= no conversion is performed; a large character field will be brought into R&R exactly as it is returned from the database.__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __ __DoubleConnect__ Controls ODBC connection__ Default is 0__ 0=To connect we only do the QELIB connect call and save the partial connect string. The saved connect string is used to later to connect to a datasource to accomplish "join across datasource" or "join across directory."____1=When connecting to a datasource, we first do a SQLDriverConnect__so that we can retrieve the full connect string. Then we then disconnect and use the retrieved connect string for the QELIB connect call. __ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __DbfXGray__ Allow DBF export__ __ 1=remove Xbase from list of export types__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __TxtXGray__ Allow TXT export__------------------------------------------------- __ 1=remove Text from list of export types__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __WksXGray__ Allow XLS export__ __ 1=remove Worksheet from list of export types__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __SaveWizScript__ Save wizard script files__ __ 1= do NOT delete Wizard temporary input/output files__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __WizardEXE__ Name of wizard executable__ RRWIZ.EXE__ Pathname to Wizard program file__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __WizardRecordLimit__ Number of records for wizard preview__ 20__ Override row limit in Wizard preview__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __SortPoolSize__ Sort buffer size__ 600000__ Size in bytes of a buffer used in sort code__ Manual edit to change default__------------------------------------------------- __CommentsOnlyAtStartofLine__ Control use of ; character within the INI__ 1__ 1 = ";" preceded by non-whitespace not considered comment delimiter____ __Kathleen__R&R Support