Error Retrieving Printer Info

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
val

Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by val » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:00 pm

I have a report written in R&R but the printer it was configured for is not longer on the network and when I try to print I get "Error Retrieving Printer Information" and it doesn^t give me a chance to select a different printer.____Please help.____Val

kfleming

=> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:49 pm

What version of R&R and are you using runtime or the report designer?____Kathleen__R&R Support

val

==> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by val » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:45 pm

I am using an old version I believe in Report Designer.__R&R for Windows - Xbase Edition Version 8, Build 923.0.0.____Is my only option trying to re-establish the old printer or is there some way to tell it not to use the printer the report originally used?____Thank you.____Val__

kfleming

===> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:13 pm

R&R does save the printer with the report and does look for that printer when it is opened. But if it cannot find the saved printer, it should go to the default printer.____You could try removing all printers except the default and make sure that is is not the same model as was saved with the report. You should then be able to open and save the report.__Then you can put back the printers that your removed.____Kathleen__R&R Support

val

====> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by val » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:31 pm

I am not sure what you mean by remove all printers. Do you mean from the Printers within Control Panel? Is there not a way to get into where R&R saves the name of the printer and remove it^s memory or change it to =DEFAULT. If this is possible, please advise.____Thank you for your help.____Val

kfleming

=====> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:39 pm

In later versions of R&R you can force it to ignore the saved printer by using an INI setting.__But this is not possible in your version.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jimi_Chappell_(Guest)

======> RE: Error Retrieving Printer Info

Post by Jimi_Chappell_(Guest) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:16 pm

I have a Citrix user on 9.0 who is receiving this, but it is not occurring for another user on the same Citrix server. Would this be the INI file in their profile? :+