Error message - Locked RL file

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
dcavs4

Error message - Locked RL file

Post by dcavs4 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:28 am

I been using the RR infinity edition for some time. Recently, it just gave me an error message when I tried to save a report. It was a "Report Librarian Error" # 2091 which basically indicated that the file SPEC.dbf was locked in the RL directory. How do I unlock or fix this issue?____Thanks

cstrasser

=> RE: Error message - Locked RL file

Post by cstrasser » Mon May 13, 2013 11:41 am

The file could be locked due to incomplete closure, or there could be a problem with rights.____If the problem is with locking, you can unlock a file by using the computer management tool:____Start / Run / CompMgmt.MSC__click on and expand "Shared Folders," then click on and expand "Open Files."____You should see a list of locked files on your computer. If the files are on a network drive / server, you^ll need to run this program from the host computer.____You can right-click on any file in the main body and select "unlock."__
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

dcavs4

==> RE: Error message - Locked RL file

Post by dcavs4 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 am

Hi,____Followed your suggestion, however, no files were indicated as locked. You indicated something regarding rights. The program is only on one machine with only 1 user with access.