Error on Email Burst

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Maurie_Ash_(Guest)

Error on Email Burst

Post by Maurie_Ash_(Guest) » Wed Apr 25, 2001 1:37 pm

I receive the following error when attempting to use this new feature. We are using exchange and outlook as Corporate platform for email:____Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.____ Subject:___ Sent:_4/25/2001 1:48 PM____The following recipient(s) could not be reached:____ ^xxx@xxxxx.com^ on 4/25/2001 1:41 PM__ No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.____(xxxx = name changed to protect the innocent)__

kfleming

=> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 26, 2001 7:06 am

Can you create a regular email message and send it to that email address?__If that works, can you try an R&R report just to that email address?____Kathleen__R&R Support

MASH

==> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by MASH » Mon Apr 30, 2001 8:35 am

The email works fine regularly but when using R&R in burst or send to mode it fails with the above message sent back to my regular exchange email account

Arnold_M._Rosenbaum__(Guest)

===> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by Arnold_M._Rosenbaum__(Guest) » Mon Apr 30, 2001 3:14 pm

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND MY ISP SAID IT WAS BECAUSE THE RECEIPTANT^S ISP WAS DOWN AT THAT TIME. ____i EVENTUALLY WAS ABLE TO SEND THE E-MAIL (IT WAS NOT A BURST)

Robert_Seidman_(Guest)

=> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by Robert_Seidman_(Guest) » Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:50 pm

>I receive the following error when __>attempting to use this new __>feature. We are using exchange __>and outlook as Corporate platform __>for email: __>__>Your message did not reach some __>or all of the intended __>recipients. __>__> __>Subject: __> __>Sent: 4/25/2001 1:48 PM __>__>The following recipient(s) could not be __>reached: __>__> __>^xxx@xxxxx.com^ on 4/25/2001 1:41 PM __>__> __> __> No transport provider was __>available for delivery to this __>recipient. __>__>(xxxx = name changed to protect __>the innocent) ______1.) I^ve finally gotten around to trying the email burst feature, and find that I get the exact same error as abov. I am using microsoft mail and Outlook 2000. I have a DSL line that is always active. I can email the recipients independently, but when I try to email utilizing the burst feature, I get the above error message.____2) I have been trying to export to a Rich Text Format using send via MAPI and Mail options. The documentation says that "Any title band will be included only with the first burst file". Does this include group headers? Is that considered a "title band" Group headers seem to appear only in the first burst file and not in subsequent files. Is that suppose to happen?____Any enlightenment will be greatly appreciated.____RHS__

kwestfall

==> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by kwestfall » Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:53 pm

I am also getting that same error message (no transport provider) when trying to use the mail burst function. I am using Outlook 98.____In Outlook, I get an email message that my message cannot be sent, and I get an option to Re-send it. In the Re-Send To Fields, the email address is listed in quotes, and will not resend that way. If I type in the email address, then click Resend, it works. Possibly there^s a problem with the email addresses being passed to Outlook? ____Has anyone successfully implemented this feature? Help!____Thanks!__Kristi Westfall__

kfleming

===> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 04, 2001 3:06 pm

Are you using Exchange Server within Outlook?____That seems to be problematic for R&R and we are investigating a solution.____Kathleen__R&R Support__

Robert_Seidman_(Guest)

====> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by Robert_Seidman_(Guest) » Tue Jun 05, 2001 7:29 am

On paper email bursting sounds like a great feature. I would love to try it. Any solution will be greatly appreciated.____Can you alwo clarify whether group headers are supposed to beexported to files subsequent to the first?____Thanks for your help.____RHS

kfleming

=====> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by kfleming » Tue Jun 05, 2001 3:50 pm

There is a bug regarding bursting.__If you are bursting at group level 1 and have a group level 2 header, the burst file will only include the first group level 2 header for each group 1 field and will omit any addtional group 2^s for that group 1.____The workaround is to use a logical record band in place of the group 2 header. It is a bit cumbersome but does work.____If you want, I can send you a sample before/after report that illustrates how to "fix" the problem.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Robert_Seidman_(Guest)

======> RE: Error on Email Burst

Post by Robert_Seidman_(Guest) » Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:30 am

I would be very grateful if you would sent this to me at__RSeidman@metrogroupinc.com.____I thank you in advance.____RHS