Error when closing R&R in XP

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
GSL

Error when closing R&R in XP

Post by GSL » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:23 pm

In XP, I launch R&R (version 10.0 build 10.0.012) then I open a report. Next I do File Exit and then I get the error that R&R Report Designer, Xbase Edition has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When I click here to see what data the report contains I see the AppName: rrw.exe and the ModName: cdintf.dll.____From your other responses, you suggested us to delete or rename cdintf.dll file. However, we have Amyuni PDF Converter installed locally and the version we are using is 2.07 professional. When I tried to rename the cdintf.dll in R&R program folder, my real Amyuni printer settings are all wrong. I even tried to replace the cdintf.dll (version 1,0,0,1) in R&R with the new cdintf.dll(version 2.06), but I still got the same error message when exiting R&R.____Do you have any suggestion or any fix on this issue? Thanks.

kfleming

=> RE: Error when closing R&R in XP

Post by kfleming » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:44 pm

Rename CDINTF.DLL and see if that helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

GSL

==> Error when closing R&R in XP

Post by GSL » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:36 pm

As I mentioned in my previous posting, we cannot rename the cdintf.dll because by renaming it, our Amyuni drive settings are all wrong. Even I tried to renamed it, it didn^t fix the problem. Thanks.

pdempsey

=> RE: Error when closing R&R in XP

Post by pdempsey » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:33 am

After first updating to XP I had this happening. The problem went away after applying all of the latest Windows Updates from the Microsoft Website. If you have not done this, I^d give it a try.__-Pat-

GSL

==> Error when closing R&R in XP

Post by GSL » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:49 pm

I installed all the Windows patches even the non-critical patches and I am still getting the error. Anything else to try?

kfleming

===> RE: Error when closing R&R in XP

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:04 am

In the Defaults section of your c:windowsRRW.INI add the line:__PDFDriver=0__This will tell R&R not to try to load/unload the Amyuni driver on program startup/exit.__Kathleen__R&R Support