"library not specified" error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
wayne_dooley_(Guest)

"library not specified" error

Post by wayne_dooley_(Guest) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:52 pm

Since R&R 9 doesn^t allow writing reports to libraries, I am moving away from them. I still use a control table, but leave the ri_library field blank and instead use the syntax below (in Foxpro)____RUN /N P: rw9 rwrun m:projtrak 29 /rp: eportssales____Record 2 in the control table is a report named RSLSINFO_billto.RRW and of course resides in p: eprotssales as described.____This works great most of the time, but for some reason a user is occasionally getting the error "library not specified" after running the report OK. Am I doing this right? If I can^t write R&R 9 reports to a library, I would not specify one, right?____thanks

kfleming

=> RE: "library not specified" error

Post by kfleming » Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:18 am

Are you sure that is the exact error and that it occurs after the report is run?____Kathleen__R&R Support

wayne_dooley_(Guest)

==> RE: "library not specified" error

Post by wayne_dooley_(Guest) » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:24 am

Thanks for your reply, Kay. Yes that^s the exact error - I am sending a screen print of the user^s desktop to you. This is a pretty straightforward use of R&R - the desired data is put into a single DBF, i.e. most of the work is being done ahead of time by Foxpro. The error is sporadic, and this is a user who has trouble verbalizing the problem, so he was kind enough to send a screen print.____thanks__wayne

kfleming

===> RE: "library not specified" error

Post by kfleming » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:39 am

The only way you would get this error is if the version of RRWRUN.EXE that is being executed is 6.5 or below and RI_LIBRARY is blank in the control file record.__So some users must have an earlier RRWRUN that is being found and executed.______Kathleen__R&R Support