Exiting R&R 10

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Michael

Exiting R&R 10

Post by Michael » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:10 pm

Greetings, we are running version 10+(10.1.003)xBase version on a Novell 6.0 Network. We had to turn off Librarian & Dictionary on all workstations because of problems saving reports and exiting R&R. ____On my workstation I have uninstalled/reinstalled R&R several times(deleted rrw.ini file each time, added DEFAULTS to turn Librarian & Dict. off). Every time I exit R&R I get the message to send an error log to Microsoft, I then proceed to debug the error and a Microsoft VIsual C++ message box pops up displaying "Unhandled exception in rrw.exe: 0xC00000005: Access Violation." The program code is __004AE90D mov ecx,dword ptr [edx+124h]____This does not occur on other workstations. I^m running XP Pro on a Compaq Notebook when this occurs. I also experience strange problems when I attempt to save a report, the dialog box comes up but there are no buttons for Yes, No, Cancel, yet if I press letter on my keyboard it works! ??? Thanks in advance for your assistance.__Michael

kfleming

=> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by kfleming » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:30 pm

Make sure that the RRW.INI settings to turn off the dictionary and librarian are correct and make sure that there is only a single RRW.INI file.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael

==> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by Michael » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:17 am

Thanks for the response, I^m not sure what you meant by "make sure there are not two rrw.ini files" since you cannot have a duplicate filename in a folder but there is only one in my C:WINDOWS folder and the librarian and dictionary are off:__[DEFAULTS]__Librarian=OFF__Dictionary=0____I can run, modify, & save report files but the application crashes every time I exit to Windows and the Yes No Cancel buttons are transparanet on any screen that uses them in R&R(even though they function correctly when I hit the corresponding key on the keyboard).

kfleming

===> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by kfleming » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:47 am

If the crash is on exit, then check for the file CDINTF.DLL in the R&R directory and in any windows directory or directory in your search path. It is usually best to do a Find in Explorer to look for all instances of this file. Then rename any instance of it to CDINTF.OLD.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael

====> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by Michael » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:29 am

Did this, same problem occurs.

Michael

====> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by Michael » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:52 am

Are you also suggesting that I rename the CDINTF.DLL file on the File Server drive as well? The file resides in two places on the file server drive share.__Michael____>If the crash is on exit, then check for the file CDINTF.DLL __>in the R&R directory and in any windows directory or __>directory in your search path. It is usually best to do a __>Find in Explorer to look for all instances of this file. __>Then rename any instance of it to CDINTF.OLD. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

=====> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by kfleming » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:50 pm

Rename the file anywhere that it is available to the local machine via a search path.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael

======> RE: Exiting R&R 10

Post by Michael » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:54 pm

Greetings again and thank you for your assistance. I followed your instructions, I still get an error when I exit R&R but not every time now. The R&R diagog boxes still do not show the Yes No Cancel Ok or Save buttons when they pop up, no buttons at all. If I press the corresponding key it responds appropriately as it^s suppose to. What could be causing this behaviour?__Michael