Export

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
castrass

==========> RE: Export

Post by castrass » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm

As an alternative, if your users have Microsoft Office 2003 and up, they should have the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" installed or available.____This "printer" directs the output by default to a .MDI file format. Within the program, you can save documents as TIFF if you want.____Unlike PDFs, MDIs can be annotated and marked up. For an all Microsoft shop, they^re a much better choice.

Randal_(Guest)

===========> RE: Export

Post by Randal_(Guest) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 pm

>As an alternative, if your users have Microsoft Office 2003 __>and up, they should have the "Microsoft Office Document __>Image Writer" installed or available. __>__>This "printer" directs the output by default to a .MDI file __>format. Within the program, you can save documents as TIFF __>if you want. __>__>Unlike PDFs, MDIs can be annotated and marked up. For an __>all Microsoft shop, they^re a much better choice. ____Castrass,____Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee our users have MS Office installed, in fact I would venture to say that most of them don^t. I appreciate the information though, you^ve given me some things to think about.____Thanks,__Randal

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

==========> RE: Export

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:16 pm

I had the same problem, so I created a dbase program in which I use the DO WHILE in it. It will gather up the information and save the invoice number to a variable, then it will print it using the CutePDF printer driver. Since you can not carry the file name over on the CutePDF printer driver, the variable I used shows it on the screen. Now when the dialog box appears the user enters the invoice number and presses the Save push button. It takes a little time, but at least it works. Once the invoice has been saved as a pdf, it then get the next invoice and the process continues.____If you are using XP, then you can use the pdf drivers that are free with the R&R program. Here you can actually assign the name of the file and directory without having to enter the invoice number. But this only works with XP and not Vista or Windows7.____Tom Freitas