Export

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Randal_(Guest)

Export

Post by Randal_(Guest) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Is there any way to generate or capture the preview image as a .wmf or .emf file? Where and how are the preview pages stored?____Thanks,__Randal

kfleming

=> RE: Export

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:49 pm

You can export to PDF or to our propriety PDI format(ActiveX export) to have pages rendered in WYWSIWG format.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Randal_(Guest)

==> RE: Export

Post by Randal_(Guest) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Kathleen,____Thank you for your reply. ____What is required on the end user computer to export to PDF?____How do you view or manipulate a PDI file? Can this be converted to some other graphic format, i.e. .bmp or .jpg?____Thanks,__Randal

kfleming

===> RE: Export

Post by kfleming » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 pm

For PDF all you need is a pdf printer driver of which there are several no cost/low cost ones out there like pdf995 or bullzip.____PDI files may only be viewed. You cannot convert them to an alternate graphics format.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Randal_(Guest)

====> RE: Export

Post by Randal_(Guest) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Kathleen,____R&R does not generate a EMF or WMF file like other windows reporting tools? What kind of file is shown in the print preview? Where and how is this image stored?____The problem with PDF printers is you have to install it on every computer in a network environment.____>For PDF all you need is a pdf printer driver of which there __>are several no cost/low cost ones out there like pdf995 or __>bullzip. __>__>PDI files may only be viewed. You cannot convert them to an __>alternate graphics format. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

=====> RE: Export

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:23 pm

The preview image is the proprietary PDI format.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Randal_(Guest)

======> RE: Export

Post by Randal_(Guest) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 am

>The preview image is the proprietary PDI format. __>____This is unfortunate.____Do you offer a royalty free distribution version of PDFExplode?____On another note, since I started with R&R there has always been a problem of printing to different printer trays. I purchased Version 6.5, 8.1, 10, and 11. As far as I know the problem was not resolved in any of these updates. Has Liveware addressed this problem in the current update?____Thanks,__Randal

kfleming

=======> RE: Export

Post by kfleming » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:40 am

There is not a royalty free distribution of PDFeXplode.____The tray problem still persists in the latest ReportWorks release.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

========> RE: Export

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm

There is a very good PDF printer driver that you can get for free. It is called CutePDF. It must be loaded on every machine that wants to convert to pdf, but then again it is free.____I use it with programs that I create and have not had any problems. It works fine on any operating systems. Plus, you can use it for any program.____Their direct link to download is http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp ______Tom Freitas

Randal_(Guest)

=========> RE: Export

Post by Randal_(Guest) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Tom,____I am familiar with cutepdf however, I don^t think you can control the output file name and the user has to manually attach the pdf to an email to send it. Futhermore, we need a way to generate multiple pdfs and then email them to their respective recipients in a batch. For example, when printing invoices or statements. Any suggestions?____I was reading some info on R&R Lite and see that it makes mention of email bursting. Is this a feature that is included with R&R Lite?____Thanks,__Randal____>There is a very good PDF printer driver that you can get for __>free. It is called CutePDF. It must be loaded on every __>machine that wants to convert to pdf, but then again it is __>free. __>__>I use it with programs that I create and have not had any __>problems. It works fine on any operating systems. Plus, __>you can use it for any program. __>__>Their direct link to download is __>http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp __>__>__>Tom Freitas __