Export to WorkSheet

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
ldionne

Export to WorkSheet

Post by ldionne » Wed May 26, 2004 1:10 pm

Hi,__I^m trying to export a report in Excel 2002 SP2 but all the accents are not working, EX: LA SABLI╚RE would be LA SABLIÈRE. The code page of the DBF files used in the report is 1252 and DBCHARS is set to ANSI in Rrw.srt____But, when i check the print preview, all accents are presents.____Thanks,____Luc Dionne__

kfleming

=> RE: Export to WorkSheet

Post by kfleming » Thu May 27, 2004 1:17 pm

Can you export to text and then read that data in Excel?____Kathleen__R&R Support

ldionne

==> RE: Export to WorkSheet

Post by ldionne » Fri May 28, 2004 12:58 pm

Your solution work fine but it does^nt solve my problem !____We have to export the report in worksheet and not in the text file. Your solution is harder for a inexperienced user.

Sue_(Guest)

===> RE: Export to WorkSheet

Post by Sue_(Guest) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:39 pm

What I have done is to put a riparam field (could be a parameter field) in the report that is a comma if they are going to export and blank if they are running the report to the screen. Put in as many as you need. Then when exporting I export as a text file but add the .csv extension so the system thinks it is an excel file. You get all the bands on the report not just a single one. Not sure if that helps you or not.