Exporting

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Harry_Jones_(Guest)

Exporting

Post by Harry_Jones_(Guest) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 pm

I have a report that runs fine. Previews to the screen and prints OK but when I try to export the detail line to a CSV for Excell use it drops one of the fields.__I think I know the source of the problem. __On the detail line I am gathering data from three files. Two of the files have a field named "company". One file is armastxx and the other is arcadrxx.__R&R seems to have a problem in that two fields are named the same. __Does not the explicit field name "armastxx.company" differ from "araddrxx.company"?__Why would this be a problem?__How might I get around it?____Thanks for any input.____H

Harry_Jones_(Guest)

=> RE: Exporting

Post by Harry_Jones_(Guest) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:25 am

Never mind I figured it out.____The human brain is a wonderous thing.__I just went to bed last night and woke up about 2AM with the very simple solution (subconsious problem resolution).____Created a calculated field with a new name and used the 2nd company contents as the value, then replaced the field on the report with the calculated one.____Worked just fine.