Exporting to Excel

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

Exporting to Excel

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri May 16, 2003 4:03 am

I am experiencing a client rebellion at the moment! It^s all over R&R^s inability to Export reports with more than one line type to Excel. They all say this is vital and it is rediculous that it can^t be done. One client has threated us with dithcing our software if it can^t be done.____I need a definate timescale for when you think this feature will be available. What sort of priority does this have for inclusion on the product? If this can^t be done we will have no choice but to seek out alternative report writing packages.____Thanks in advance.____Eddie Marshall__Technical Support Manager__LandMaster__eddie@landmaster.co.uk

kfleming

=> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by kfleming » Fri May 16, 2003 6:32 am

I do not I am afraid have a positive answer on this one.__Although it would be a good addition to R&R, we do not currently have a definitive timeframe for including this functionality.____I know that this can indeed be done with Crystal Reports so perhaps that would be the best choice for your client.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri May 16, 2003 9:02 am

Thanks for your response.____Eddie

Emetsky_(Guest)

===> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by Emetsky_(Guest) » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:39 pm

__Try Amyuni^s new Document converter suite. They have a demo available.____www.amyuni.com__

kfleming

====> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by kfleming » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:42 am

We are considering the Amyuni RTF and Excel converters for a future update of R&R.____Kathleen__R&R Support

emetsky-do

=> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by emetsky-do » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:43 am

I have been working with Amyuni on exporting to excel via PDF. I think most of the problems have been worked out and seems to be working o.k.____;)

apapolibeva

==> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by apapolibeva » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:22 pm

__Yes, my Users are the same. They want a formatted XLS.____I found this great tool that converts an existing FRX to many different file__types. They have a demo that you can download____hth____http://www.neova.ca/english/Frame_en.htm____

ramirezosvaldo

===> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by ramirezosvaldo » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:18 am

I purchased the Amyuni produce including the excel and rtf features and when I create a PDF with multiple groupings in works great but when I try to create the excel spreadsheet it crashes everytime. I^ve called the company and reported the problem, but it hasn^t been solved yet. If anyone is interested in purchasing this product I would wait till this bug is fixed.

bstreet

=====> RE: Exporting to Excel

Post by bstreet » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:41 am

Hello.____other thing, could be use vbs to export dbf to excel....____Best Regards__Osvaldo Ramirez__