^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Mel_Smith_(Guest)

^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:53 am

Dear Friends,____ I^ve created (thru RRRUN) a file (by selecting the R&R Driver (HP LaserJet III D driver).____ I wish now to ^view^ that file using some application on my Win98 machine.____Question: What app will alow me to view the file on the screen (and of course, move thru the document, etc, etc) ??____(of course I can send it to my current DeskJet printer and have it print properly, but I really want to view it using *some* Windows application)____Thanks,____-Mel Smith__

rickwjohnson

=> RE: ^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Post by rickwjohnson » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:31 pm

If you use R&R 9.0, you can create the file in PDF format and view it with Adobe.____Or you cna export it to several formts (doc, rtf, etc) and then use Word or wordpad to view it. ____I prefer the .pdf since the formatting is better preserved. ____Rick Johnson

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> RE: ^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:26 am

But Rick,____ I^ve *already* created the file, and I want to view it on the screen ! Is there no way of doing this ???____ Indeed, I (and my clients) have many files that were created over the last few years (using R&R and the HP IIID driver (or whatever)). All we want is to view them on a Win98 screen !____-Mel Smith

Sergio_(Guest)

=> RE: ^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:33 am

Hi Mel,____You need a PCL viewer. I did a quick search with Google and found some companies that provide a utility to view your PCL file like a document. The only problem, these viewers are not free. Try downloading the trial version, and of you^re happy it may be worth the extra bucks.____Here are 2 sites that have PCL viewers:__www.pclviewer.com__www.swiftview.com____Good luck!__Sergio

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> RE: ^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:38 am

Sergio,____ I believe that suggestion is precisely what I need.____ I^ll look at both those sites now, and see what I can do.____Thanks again,____-Mel Smith__

Sergio_(Guest)

===> RE: ^Viewing^ an R&R Created File

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:26 pm

No problem Mel!__Please let me/us know, I^m very curious!____BTW, did you know that 99% of laser printers are compatible with HP. They are all using the HP format called PCL (Printer Command Language) code. HP invented PCL.____If HP would have ever developped a PCL viewer, Adobe (PDF) reader would never have survived. ____Good luck!__Sergio__