Exporting to RTF in R&R 8.0

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
M.K._Rajesh_(Guest)

Exporting to RTF in R&R 8.0

Post by M.K._Rajesh_(Guest) » Tue Nov 20, 2001 10:28 pm

We have version 8.0 or R&R XBase edition. We have an application that exports reports to RTF format.____The main problem is that the report "Title" lines are not exported in multi-page reports. If the report is only a single page, the Title lines are exported just fine.____So I tried adding the Title lines to the "Page Header" band. If I do just that, those lines appear on each page, which takes up a lot of space on each page.____I then tried to make those lines conditional dependent on the PAGENO(). But that only works within R&R. When the report is exported to RTF, PAGENO() for all pages is the number of the last page. For example, on a 5 page report, each page has PAGENO() = 5. I think this might be why the "Title" lines are not printing in RTF. Since PAGENO() is always greater than 1, R&R thinks its not on the first page, so doesn^t generate the Title band???____Could someone please guide me on this?____Thanks very much!____Rajesh.

kfleming

=> RE: Exporting to RTF in R&R 8.0

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 21, 2001 2:25 pm

I just tried a report in Version 8 that had a title, a page header and multiple pages.__When I opened the exported RTF in Word, the first page had the title/page header info in the header area of page 1 and all subsequent pages had just the R&R page header in the header area in Word.____So it worked for me.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: Exporting to RTF in R&R 8.0

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Wed Nov 21, 2001 7:03 pm

I was able to reproduce the problem. The workaround is to place a page footer band in the report as well and this corrects things. That is, the RTF document shows:____Title__Page Hdr__Group Hdr__Record__...__Page Ftr____Page Hdr__Group Hdr__Record__...__Page Ftr

kfleming

==> RE: Exporting to RTF in R&R 8.0

Post by kfleming » Thu Nov 22, 2001 7:47 am

My test report did indeed have a page footer so that is why it worked for me.____Kathleen__R&R Support