Extended ASCII and Barcodes

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rlwarden_(Guest)

Extended ASCII and Barcodes

Post by rlwarden_(Guest) » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:08 pm

We use a Wasp dll to create a Code 128 barcode formated string stored in a Foxpro dbf. When this data field is placed in a R&R report and printed using the Wasp 128 barcode font, certain characters do not print leaving a blank space in the barcode. When copying and pasting the same information into WordPad, the barcode prints fine - without blank spaces. In RRW.SRT we have DBCHARS=ANSI and SRTCHARS=ANSI. Is there something else to consider?

rlwarden_(Guest)

=> Extended ASCII and Barcodes II

Post by rlwarden_(Guest) » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:41 pm

I can provide the dbf and font for testing.

kfleming

==> RE: Extended ASCII and Barcodes II

Post by kfleming » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:42 pm

Send them to livesupport@livewarepub.com____Kathleen__R&R Support

rlwarden_(Guest)

===> RE: Extended ASCII and Barcodes II

Post by rlwarden_(Guest) » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:52 pm

Did you receive the report and dbf? Status?

Dan_Levin_(Guest)

=> RE: Extended ASCII and Barcodes

Post by Dan_Levin_(Guest) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:48 pm

Unfortunately, Kathleen will probably not be able to pick up this thread for a few days or longer because she had a death of a close relative. So I^ll try to help you. I^m not as knowledgeable as Kathleen (who is?), but I^ll give it a try.____You indicated that you could send the dbf and font for testing. That seems like a good idea. Please send them to me at dlevin@livewarepub.com____I know we have used other barcode fonts in the past, but I can^t say if certain characters would not translate. Your guess that .SRT file setting could have an impact is possible. I^m curious what output you get when, instead of a barcode, you simply display the content in a regular font. Does R&R display spaces for certain extended characters?____Dan Levin__Liveware Publishing, Inc.__800-936-6202 x201__