File Locking Problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bob_Powell_(Guest)

File Locking Problem

Post by Bob_Powell_(Guest) » Fri Jul 13, 2001 9:35 am

We are experience a file locking problem when a user runs R&R reports from within the R&R Designer.____The reports are using FoxPro tables that are simultaneously being used by a VFP-6 application. When the R&R reports are run they prevent the Foxpro Application from updating records in the tables used by the R&R report. It causes the Foxpro application to crash. ____The VFP-6 error is "Cannot update the cursor." the command line being executed is either a Delete... or Insert... command.____I have double checked that the R&R default settings are correctly set to "Allow other users to update database tables in use by R&R".____The problem seems to only occur on tables that are NOT the master table in the R&R Report.

kfleming

=> RE: File Locking Problem

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:32 am

I just ran a report against a Foxpro based application that is on our network. I can preview a report and at the same time make changes to the underlying data files through the Foxpro application without a problem.____So something additional has to be happening in your case.____My app resides on an NT server and I am running R&R on a Win98 client.____Kathleen__R&R Support