FlexLink error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

FlexLink error

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:53 am

I run R&R reports through a control table from my application. Since upgrading runtime users to version 12, we occasionally get two boxes pop up. One says "FlexLink Indexing in Progress; Press ESC to stop" and the other is "Form1" which has an open file dialog box for opening DBF tables with an Exclusive checkbox turned on.____Any ideas what may be causing this. It is an intermittent problem. When the user re-runs the same report again, the boxes may not pop up!____Regards,__Adam

Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

=> RE: FlexLink error

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:23 am

}> So nobody has any ideas about these errors? Nobody has ever encountered these errors? Or do the support team at R&R know about this, but are not prepared to comment? I notice that all posts have been answered after mine. Come on Kathleen!

kfleming

==> RE: FlexLink error

Post by kfleming » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:25 am

If a report has a flexlink index and R&R needs to build a Foxpro index, then these windows will indeed appear while the runtime version of Foxpro creates the indexes.____What index expression are you using for your Flexlink index when you see these windows?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

===> RE: FlexLink error

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:03 pm

It^s OK Kathleen. It turns out that because FlexLink indexes are built in the WindowsTemp directory and some users didn^t have write rights on XP machines, that the FlexLink errors were occurring.____Apologies!____Adam