FlexLink error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
sparky06413

FlexLink error

Post by sparky06413 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 am

Hi,____I^m working on a report that will lookup records from one table (cancelled appointments) to another (appointments) using a calculated field since there isn^t a single field that would work. If the record exists in the second table I want to print it.____I have defined 2 identical calculated fields for each table (CNCL_SLOT & REPCL_SLOT) that contains database fields: ____DDATE date__CTIMEOFDAY 4 characters ex 1230 __IEMPID numeric employee id____My calculated field is:__DTOC(APPOINTC->DDATE)+(APPOINTC->CTIMEOFDAY)+(STR(APPOINTC->IEMPID))____I have another calculated field which is:__IIF(CNCL_SLOT=REPCL_SLOT,REPCL_SLOT,"OPEN")____but I never get a match so I^m trying to define a relation thru my calculated field & using a flexlink since my indexes are single fields only & I cannot change the existing data. When I click EDIT KEY I get the error "cannot open database file".____Is flexlink the way to go?__If so what am I doing wrong?____Thanks,__Mark____

kfleming

=> RE: FlexLink error

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Does your related table have a DBT memo?__Does it make any difference if you change the default alias name for the related table to some other name?____Kathleen__R&R Support