Form Letters - column spacing

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Cliff_Wiernik

Form Letters - column spacing

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Is there any way to define form letters where character spacing for columnar data is preserved.____The report writer, form letter features, do not appear to allow easy inclusion of data that would would like to be a a specific position.____You can do that within the designer, but it would be nice to have it in the memo field capabilities. ____Possibly, reflect a tab with a jump to predefined tab stops that you could define in the report.________

Cliff_Wiernik

=> RE: Form Letters - column spacing

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 am

Any comments on this and potential improvements in the form letter capabilities.____The form letter process works well but has problems when you want to align data in columns, which is often desired for table like information.____Currently the process ignores tabs in the memo string. I think a way of handling this, that worked well with the wordperfect word processor would be to provide for a way to enter a line of tab stops, or set a tap stop for ever 0.5", or variable amounts like:__<TS .5,1.25,2.5,4> and then when tabs are entered process the jump to the tabstop. ____I think this would be a welcome addition.

Cliff_Wiernik

=> RE: Form Letters - column spacing

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 am

It would also be nice if the capabilities could be expanded to allow the color of the font to be specified for form letter text.

cstrasser

==> RE: Form Letters - column spacing

Post by cstrasser » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 am

These are good ideas, Cliff. I^d eventually like to do more with the memo-field capability. Unfortunately, at this point, these enhancements are a lower priority.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

Cliff_Wiernik

===> RE: Form Letters - column spacing

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Any idea on when the new release may come out. ____Also, what would it take to move this up in the priority?? i.e. cost. We have done something like this in the past with the 2GB limits.____Cliff.