FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Daithi_c

FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Post by Daithi_c » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:59 pm

__We have ReportWriter reports (created in version 6) which run with our MS Visual FoxPro 8 (with Service Pack 1) application.____If one of the ReportWriter reports is edited with the ReportWorks 11 designer, not modified, but saved (overwriting the original .RRW file), it no longer runs with our FoxPro application but generates error messages.____Has anyone encountered a similar problem, or been able to resolve it?____Thanks,__

kfleming

=> RE: FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Post by kfleming » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:15 am

Can the report be successfully run using RRWRUN.EXE?____What error do you see in your application?__What values are being set in the application/runtime control table?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Daithi_c

==> RE: FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Post by Daithi_c » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:51 am

Kathleen,____I tried reproducing the error using an existing report which has no conditional parameters set, it just prints the names and addresses of all clients in the database.____Before using ReportWorks 11 Designer, the report ran correctly via RRWRUN.EXE and in the application.____I saved a copy of the original report, opened it with report designer, changed nothing, saved it. Nothing in the application was changed.____Via RRWRUN.EXE, the report still runs normally.__Via the Visual FoxPro application, the report fails to run.__When the ReportName property of the rrw32.ocx control object is set to the report name, the following error occurs:____OLE exception error: Exception code c0000005, OLE object may be corrupt____Options are Cancel, Suspend, Ignore, and Help____If Ignore is chosen, the property appears to be set in the control and the program can continue until pressing the OK button sets a few more properties (without error) until the application sets .Action = 1 to run the report, when the following error appears:____OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from rrw32: Cannot open file ^dataclntname.rrw^..____Choosing Ignore continues the application, without running the report of course.____I have tried the application and report on several different XP workstations, and get the same results.__The C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32RRW32.OCX is 148 KB 04/13/2005 10:56a____Any thoughts or suggestions?__

kfleming

===> RE: FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:32 pm

If you use a report that has not been edited in 11, does it then run from your application?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Daithi_c

====> RE: FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Post by Daithi_c » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:41 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-07 AT 10:42 AM (EST)]Kathleen,____The original reports created in ReportWriter 6 run from the application with no errors at all. It^s only after editing and saving them with the version 11 Designer that errors occur.____Any suggestions?__

Daithi_c

=====> RE: FoxPro8/ReportWorks11 issues

Post by Daithi_c » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:51 am

I posted this question to a MSDN Foxpro newsgroup, and received a reply which indicated that the RRWRUN.EXE viewer from the recent ReportWorks versions works correctly with MS Visual FoxPro.____I tried one report which worked correctly via the viewer and will be converting the application to use RRWRUN.EXE rather than RRW32.OCX__