Groups

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Smzemke_(Guest)

Groups

Post by Smzemke_(Guest) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:35 pm

I^m trying to create a report that is taking data from 3 tables:__#1: Customers (aka Cust)__#2: Sales_Orders (aka SO)__#3: Purchase_Orders (aka PO)____In this report the Master table is the Cust table. I then link tables SO & PO by a common field (cust_id).____I^m trying to get the report to first list all SO^s that meet a specific criteria. That specific criteria is the ship_date field.____After the report has printed all of the SO^s for the specified date, I want it to print out all of the PO^s that also meet the same date specification. Also - there is a true/false condition put on the line for the PO information, so that it only prints out when it^s true.____Group one is grouped by so_id__Group two is grouped by po_id____Right now, if I put the data in two seperate groups, then it prints out with the SO data and PO data jumbled together.____How can I get this information to print out all of the SO data first, and then print out all of the PO data second?____Does this make sense?____Thanks,__Sherri____

kfleming

=> RE: Groups

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:39 am

Create a calculated field with the expression:__IIF(SCAN(SO,SO_ID,PO_ID)__and make this your second sort/group field.____And see if this gets you closer.____Kathleen__R&R Support__

Smzemke_(Guest)

==> RE: Groups

Post by Smzemke_(Guest) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:44 am

It does not recognize the SCAN function. I^m using version 10.0. Does that version not have the SCAN function? Is there anything else I can do?____Thanks!

Randallpruts

===> RE: Groups

Post by Randallpruts » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:57 pm

Hi,____>> Is there anything else I can do? <<____IIF(SCANNING(SO),SO_ID,PO_ID)____<g>____Derek__