Hide Print Button within Preview

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
friedhelm

Hide Print Button within Preview

Post by friedhelm » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

We use R&R (Version 12) to printout gouverment certifyed documents.____Within the program we use the DLL-interface to control the printouts and check with own functions if the printout is serviced by the printer or not.__ __If the user use the preview, we set an extra text on the document (in red) "PREVIEW - PRINTOUT ARE INVALID", because the preview are outside of control by the program.____Now some users find out a trick to prevent the extra "invalid" text when they print from the preview dialog: they remove or manipulate the red ink tank from the printer.____Therefor we need to hide the preview button from the preview dialog.____My question is, how we can do this?____regards__Friedhelm

kfleming

=> Hide Print Button within Preview

Post by kfleming » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 am

There is no way to alter the buttons within the dialog so your only choice would be to not offer the dialog at all.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE:Hide Print Button within Preview

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 pm

I don^t know if this will be exactly what you^re looking for, but what I^ve done is to set the "printer" parameter to "D" and set the "outfile" to be a ".PRN" file someplace on the network. Then, the single page output grays out and when the user clicks on the printer icon, the output goes to a .PRN which can be searched for and deleted or ignored.