Hot buttons don^t cool down anymore on Win 7

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
mikehoffmann

Hot buttons don^t cool down anymore on Win 7

Post by mikehoffmann » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 am

Hello Liveware folks,__We^re talking about R&R 12.5.001 xbase runtime via dll calls on Windows 7, 32 Bits. __When my user presses a "hot" button in my applications (and, of course, every pressed button has become hot beforehand), the button remains "hot" when my program starts R&R via execRuntime. Even after R&R returns the button remains "hot" all the time. This is quite vexing. Is there anything I can do about it?__Best regards__Michael__

cstrasser

=> RE: Hot buttons don^t cool down anymore on Win 7

Post by cstrasser » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:44 pm

What programming language are you using? And you^re talking about "Hot Tracking" where hovering over a control (or clicking it) causes it to be rendered differently?____What happens if you explicitly set the focus to another control once R&R returns?____Did it work properly in XP or Vista?
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

Michael

==> RE: Hot buttons don^t cool down anymore on Win 7

Post by Michael » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:24 am

I^m using native WIN32 programming, language is XBase++. GUI is running in the same thread as the call to execRuntime. Explicitly setting focus to another control after the call doesn^t work. Spy++ tells me, that the timer messages responsible for hot tracking still arrive but no more painting is done once your execRuntime is active. You appear to do some filtering in your loop with the messages destined for my windows.__Thanks__Michael__

Michael

==> RE: Hot buttons don^t cool down anymore on Win 7

Post by Michael » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:25 am

I^m using native WIN32 programming, language is XBase . GUI is running in the same thread as the call to execRuntime. Explicitly setting focus to another control after the call doesn^t work. Spy tells me, that the timer messages responsible for hot tracking still arrive but no more painting is done once your execRuntime is active. You appear to do some filtering in your loop with the messages destined for my windows.__Thanks__Michael__