INVALID REPORT TYPE

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
radhak

INVALID REPORT TYPE

Post by radhak » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Kathleen,____I am using version 12.1 of R&R. I am abe to write these reports in version 12.1 and also get it distributed via run time version. But what I found was that, if I protect the report with a password (only for designer) the run time comes up with a "Invalid Report Type" error.____The moment I take off the password it starts working. ____The question here is that why can^t I protect the designer side of the report and then distribute it and get it run?____Response is much appreciated.__

kfleming

=> RE: INVALID REPORT TYPE

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 am

I just tried one and runtime did not error on a report with a designer password. Are you sure you are using a 12.1 version of the runtime executable and not an earlier one?____Kathleen__R&R Support

radhak

==> RE: INVALID REPORT TYPE

Post by radhak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Kathleen,____I m having the 12.1 installed on my PC and testing them out and found that if I have the designer password and then generate the shortcut (runtime) and run the shortcut, I get this error message.____I have an idea. Is it because I may be using the older version of the rrwrun.exe?____

kfleming

===> RE: INVALID REPORT TYPE

Post by kfleming » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:24 am

That would indeed cause the error.____Kathleen__R&R Support