Joins

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
KenB

==> RE: Joins

Post by KenB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:33 am

The reports that I write require several tables. Sometimes as many as 5 or 6. Most reports have 3-4. The more involved reports requiring 4+ I convert to Foxpro, but this is a workaround, rather then a solution. I have been using R&R since v1.2 and am well adapt in writing these. I just have no background in programming in sql. I am pulling the data from Visual Accountmate. We have MS SQL.

KenB

Joins

Post by KenB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:11 pm

Maybe my lack of knowledge of sql is finally catching up, but I cannot make a join work unless it is the default "skip". I am trying to do a report that shows certain inventory items and relate them to sales orders. If no slasorder exists, it skips the inventory record. I want the inventory record to show regardless of whether or not a slaes order exists.____A little direction would be greatly appreciated. I am using Infinity with the latest build.

kfleming

=> RE: Joins

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Does the report have more than one joined table?__What database platform are you using?____Kathleen__R&R Support

KenB

==> RE: Joins

Post by KenB » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 am

Not sure if you received my response.____Using MS SQL. Most reports require 3 or 4 tables, some as much as 6. I have no problem when I convert tables to Foxpro files. Software is Visual Accountmate.