Label printer and columnar report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DavidR_(Guest)

Label printer and columnar report

Post by DavidR_(Guest) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 am

Using R&R 10.0.010.__I have a Zebra label printer TLP 2844-z, and I created a basic__columnar report to print on the labels. Anytime you Change or Save__the report to that printer, R&R changes the report type to Mail Label!__How do I prevent that? The labels will not print correctly unless it is a basic columnar report. These are single file, on a roll, labels__not laser labels.__Thanks David R.__

JamesUnivy

=> Special requirements for answer?

Post by JamesUnivy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:18 pm

>Using R&R 10.0.010. __>I have a Zebra label printer TLP 2844-z, and I created a __>basic __>columnar report to print on the labels. Anytime you Change __>or Save __>the report to that printer, R&R changes the report type to __>Mail Label! __>How do I prevent that? The labels will not print correctly __>unless it is a basic columnar report. These are single file, __>on a roll, labels __>not laser labels. __>Thanks David R. __:-(

kfleming

==> Special requirements for answer?

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:09 pm

In Format Record Layout, make sure that the number of columns in set to 1.____Kathleen__R&R Support

David_R_(Guest)

===> Label printer and columnar report

Post by David_R_(Guest) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:27 pm

>In Format Record Layout, make sure that the number of __>columns in set to 1. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Yes it is set to 1. Any other thoughts?__Thanks David R

kfleming

====> Label printer and columnar report

Post by kfleming » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:32 pm

What page (File->Page Setup) and and what record height (Format->Record Layout) is set?____Both should be the same when you are printing labels.____Kathleen__R&R Support

David_R_(Guest)

=====> Label printer and columnar report

Post by David_R_(Guest) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:06 pm

Sorry, I not sure what you^re talking about below. The__only thing that could possibly be the same is page size "letter"__and record height 11" but that makes no difference.__1. The report is saved with a networked laser printer ok.__2. Open the report and click Preview you see one label__ per screen with 3 to 5 lines( in record bands).__ This is correct.__3. You go to File, Print, change your printer to the Zebra__ label printer, click OK, and you get one page for every__ record line in each label. So if I have 2 labels with 4 __ lines each I get 8 pages printed out.__ OR if you do Print Preview, you get the same on screen,__ but you see a very wide and shortened page with each record__ line on separate pages.____>What page (File->Page Setup) and and what record height __>(Format->Record Layout) is set? __>__>Both should be the same when you are printing labels. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

======> Label printer and columnar report

Post by kfleming » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:58 am

If you select Letter as your page size in File Page Setup then R&R thinks that you are printing to a regular 8.5x11 sheet of paper. What you need to select is a custom form size that is the size of your actual label. The list of available forms depends on what has been set up on your machine. On XP you use File Server Properties in the Printer and Faxes folder to create a custom form size.____Kathleen__R&R Support

DavidR_(Guest)

=======> Label printer and columnar report

Post by DavidR_(Guest) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Hi again__Ok I set up the custom form as a 3x1 label. Where does__R&R get its list of page sizes. It^s not from windows.__I^m using Win2000.__Thanks____>If you select Letter as your page size in File Page Setup __>then R&R thinks that you are printing to a regular 8.5x11 __>sheet of paper. What you need to select is a custom form __>size that is the size of your actual label. The list of __>available forms depends on what has been set up on your __>machine. On XP you use File Server Properties in the __>Printer and Faxes folder to create a custom form size. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

========> Label printer and columnar report

Post by kfleming » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:11 pm

To the best of my knowledge R&R does get the page sizes that are set up in Windows.____Kathleen__R&R Support

DavidR_(Guest)

=========> Label printer and columnar report

Post by DavidR_(Guest) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:16 pm

Hello__Ok the I found that the forms listed in R&R depend on what __printer is selected. By choosing the Zebra printer, I select__the 3x1 form which is the same size as in the format->record__layout, and it makes absolutely no difference in what happens.__I get one Record line per page, Not one label with the 4 lines__it should have, on one page. And after saving it with the Zebra__printer I have to re-create the report as a columnar report,__instead of the mail label type it turned it into.__Thanks______>To the best of my knowledge R&R does get the page sizes that __>are set up in Windows. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __