Launch R&R from foxpro

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
dunringil

Launch R&R from foxpro

Post by dunringil » Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:01 pm

I^m a developer and one of my clients uses R&R. I^m unfortunately unfamiliar with it. His old app uses a command line method for launching reports. ^Run rrwrun data.dbf^ He mentioned that there was a newer, activex way of launching r&r. Where can I find out how to do this?____Or, What is the best way to launch R&R from VFP.____Thanks, steve

kfleming

=> RE: Launch R&R from foxpro

Post by kfleming » Sun Jun 17, 2001 6:47 pm

The executable RRWRUN.EXE will always run the report.__Your choice is in how you interface to RRWRUN.EXE.____You can use the OCX and set properties, or call the runtime DLL and do everything in code or you can create a text or database control table and call RRWRUN.EXE directly.____All are equivalent in functionality so is is really your design choice to decide what method would work best for you.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Powell_(Guest)

=> RE: Launch R&R from foxpro

Post by Bob_Powell_(Guest) » Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:19 pm

I am using the DLL^s and can provide you some VFP-6 code that I use to print reports from withing a VFP frontend application.____I can not vouch for the OCX being functionally the same as the DLL. I do know the DLL does not act exactly as it is documented to, in all cases.____-Bob__bpowell@rsi-ketchum.com