Librarian

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
David_(Guest)

Librarian

Post by David_(Guest) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 am

Hello,____I would like to use the Librarian utility to manage my RRW files. The problem is that before I can use it, I have to open every report one by one and save it to add the speciation of the report to the Librarian tables. Unfortunately I have to many reports to do this. It there a possibility to add all my reports in one time to the Librarian tables without open the files one by one with the report designer?____Thanks for any help____ __

kfleming

=> RE: Librarian

Post by kfleming » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:43 pm

There is not currently an alternative to opening and saving each report to archive it to the librarian. How the process works is a two step approach. When a report is saved with the librarian active, a text file RPTSPEC.TXT is written to the RL directory. This file is a text file containing the output of a report specification. Then a program called RLCAT.EXE (RLSCAT.EXE for SQL) reads this text file and the updates the librarian DBF files. So you would need a way outside of the designer interface to generate the report spec file and then feed it to the catalog program.____We do not currently offer such a utility.____Kathleen__R&R Support

David_(Guest)

==> RE: Librarian

Post by David_(Guest) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:11 am

Kathleen,____Thank you for your response.____It_s there a way to write my own tool with VFP that open a report, through an ActviveX for example, and allow to save-it?____Regards__David____

kfleming

===> RE: Librarian

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:48 am

There is a command line switch to RRW.EXE to open a report but no equivalent to save the report on exit. ____Kathleen__R&R Support