Librarian is Busy Error Message

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Michael

Librarian is Busy Error Message

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:55 pm

Greetings, we use R&R Xbase 9.0 Network/shared version. Each workstation is experiencining the following error whenever a R&R file is saved:____Librarian Error__Error Number 1705 File Access is Denied__The Librarian is currently busy. Try to save the report again in a minute. If still unavailable someone has the file SPEC.DBF locked in the RL directory.____I checked this network directory & file and made sure everyone has the proper rights. We can open & save reports without a problem but this error keeps popping up. Any help why this occurs and how to solve it will be appreciated.____Michael

kfleming

=> Librarian is Busy Error Message

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:05 pm

You can avoid the error by setting__LIBRARIAN=OFF____in the [Defaults] section of RRW.INI.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Michael

==> RE: Librarian is Busy Error Message

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:04 pm

We need to use the Librarian function. Any other suggestions/solutions?____>You can avoid the error by setting __>LIBRARIAN=OFF __>__>in the [Defaults] section of RRW.INI. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

Michael

===> RE: Librarian is Busy Error Message

Post by Michael » Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:19 pm

Regarding my previous message, I believe I have discovered the problem, corrupt SPEC.DBF and RPTFIELD.DBF files. I cannot open either in Foxpro, tells me it is not a valid table. ____Can I restore these files from the R&R Installation CD? I have not been able to find them on it so far and I cannot open the ZIP files on it. Please help. Thanks.____Michael