Linking Problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
a_rosenbaum_(Guest)

Linking Problem

Post by a_rosenbaum_(Guest) » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:24 am

I am using RR verson 10 Build 1001____I am trying to produce a report which compares sales associates annual production for three years.____For the first year I created a Group Footer Based on the Salesman^s Production Code and ultiizing a Xbase file had no difficulty creating a report which consisted of totals - depending on certain types of business.____When I tried to do the previous year by linking that years^s database__I was unable to get any output The linking was utilizing the scan concept.

kfleming

=> RE: Linking Problem

Post by kfleming » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:24 pm

Do you have two scans from the same parent file in the report?____Kathleen__R&R Support

a_rosenbaum_(Guest)

==> RE: Linking Problem

Post by a_rosenbaum_(Guest) » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 pm

Yes I do

kfleming

===> RE: Linking Problem

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:41 am

I looked at the report which you emailed to me yesterday. Right now you are grouping on the PROD_ID field from the pdyr06 child table. You should change that to the PROD_ID field from the BASIC.DBF master table so that we are grouping by the parent table rather than one of the scanned children.____If you want to see 2005 totals as well as 2006 totals, you would need to create a second set of total fields that sum the information from the pdyr05 scan and reset by BASIC->PROD_ID.____Let me know if you need more assistance.____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com