Linking Table with calculated Fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
jtenbrook

Linking Table with calculated Fields

Post by jtenbrook » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 am

Using Version 12.0.002 __I am linking 2 tables with a calculated field where the first column on the link to table has a certain value like A,B,C, D. then the next Colum is the exact Match to my other table. So the Calculation looks like "A"+VVEND(6 character field). Then a Scan Link and a partial Character Match of 7. This calculation works in that it returns the correct multiple records for each VVEND. The issue I am having is that I need it to return the results on one more additional field. The Table is set up with two more columns that do not match then a column that I would like to return the record on: ____Column A = "A"__Column B = VVEND (6 character)__Column C = Phone number (19 character)__Column D = Phone Description(16 character)__Column E = PHoneCode (1 character)____Each VVEND record has 3 Phone number with 3 Descriptions each of these descriptions have a PCODE 1, 2 or 3. __I need to be able to have my report show Phone number 1, Phone number 2, phone number 3 side by side, not a vertical arrangement. I know that I will need to link the tables 3 times using a different alias. The think I don^t know how to do is how to create a calculated field that will access the correct PCODE. ____(Oh for the ability to put a condition on a field)____I appreciate any help you may be able to offer. __