Lost Rapid Runner Passwords

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Muzaffer_Rajpar_(Guest)

Lost Rapid Runner Passwords

Post by Muzaffer_Rajpar_(Guest) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:21 am

I have prepared several R&R reports for my colleague to use each month____I have created a Rapid Runner SET to run these report automatically ____The Datasource, UserId and Password are stored within the Rapid runner set ____The .set file created via Rapid runner can be viewed in a text editor where the passwords can be seen as encrypted characters____The Rapid runner SET works fine for the rest of the day and can produce 20 reports without further intervention____However, on subsequent days the passwords often fails____When the .set file is viewed with a text editor the Passwords have changed____My colleague has to get round this by re-typing the passwords for all the defined reports in the Rapid runner set. (20 plus reports)____I have tried to change the attributes of the .set file to read only but this has not resolved the problem________This seems to defeat the object of the Rapid Runner (batch processing) __and needs the user to have access to the developer^s tools and password

kfleming

=> RE: Lost Rapid Runner Passwords

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 am

I did a test using 3 reports in a set and the first time I tried to run it via the command line, the password problem occured. So I thought we had a confirmed and reproducible bug. But then I tried it again by re-creating the set and the second time around it worked fine as did several more attempts with other set files.____Since I could make it break at least once, there does have to be some circumstance under which the problem occurs. But I will need to do some additional testing to figure out what it is about the report/set/enviroment that causes the password to be incorrect in the set file.____Please let me know if you discover any new information that might give me a clue to the source of the problem.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support

Muzaffer_Rajpar_(Guest)

==> RE: Lost Rapid Runner Passwords

Post by Muzaffer_Rajpar_(Guest) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 am

Clarification__Created reports _ SQL Based linked to SQL server____I have done further tests with Rapid Runner Set files____Copied .set files - fail immediately _ password needs resetting__Working .set file which have been moved do not fail immediately__Working .set file which have been renamed do not fail immediately__Working .set file which have been edited do not fail immediately__Working .set file which have had the Created Date stamp changed - fail immediately _ password needs resetting __Working .set file which have had the Modified Date stamp changed do not fail immediately__Working .set file which have had the Accessed Date stamp changed do not fail immediately____Have set up procedures to check up on Created Date stamp on any future failure to see if this is the only cause of failure____If your tests find any other cause please advise____ __