Master table error message

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Diane_(Guest)

Master table error message

Post by Diane_(Guest) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:51 am

I am trying to update the sql for a report to include an ORDER BY clause. On most reports it has worked fine. On two reports I got an error I don^t understand. It comes up with a Master Table window that says WARNING: The following will be removed when the table is changed____Name/Type__PERIOD_DATE/Data.____Does this matter or since it is only data will it work fine next month when we try to rerun. If it is a problem what do I need to do to fix if in one case the PERID_DATE/Data was removed?____Much thanks.____Diane

kfleming

=> RE: Master table error message

Post by kfleming » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:48 am

My guess is that this is a datetime field and that the report was created in an earlier version of R&R where datetime fields were treated as date fields. So when you change the SQL, R&R re-evaluates the field list and sees a datetime rather than a date.____You would need to see where that field is used in the report and then place it back in after making the order by change.____Kathleen__R&R Support