Metric vs INCHES

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rwalker

Metric vs INCHES

Post by rwalker » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:48 am

My Regional Settings are set to METRIC and when I go into OPTIONS - DEFAULT SETTINGS, the Top/Bottom/Left/Right margins show up in Centimetres but if I go into FILE - PAGE SETUP they show up in INCHES. Why is this so??____TIA____Rick

kfleming

=> RE: Metric vs INCHES

Post by kfleming » Tue Oct 30, 2001 5:50 pm

The last time that this report was saved, the control panel settings were in inches not metric. R&R imprints the current control panel settings into a report when it is created and saved.__The default settings come from the current control panel settings.__If you want to change the saved setting to use the current settings, open the report, then open the control panel and edit something so that the Apply button is enabled. Once you Apply, you open report will inherit the applied settings.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Sergio_(Guest)

=> Warning on Metric and Inches

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sat Nov 10, 2001 10:39 am

Warning for does who have metric regional settings! If youplan to modify the report on another PC, ie your notebook and your settings are not the same, R&R will actually not convert precisely from metric to US, therefore all precision will be off.____It^s too bad, we had to tell all our clients that purchase R&R software, that their regional setting had to changed from metric to US. They were not too happy, because this impacted all other programs like Excel, Word, and so on!____Good luck...____Sergio