A personal holiday note

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
kfleming

A personal holiday note

Post by kfleming » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:11 pm

My recent absence from the forum has been due to a great personal loss. My husband has been battling with a very aggressive form of multiple myeloma since May of this year. It has been a roller coaster of hope and despair and his journey finally ended last week while peacefully surrounded by his family.____During his illness, he desparately required blood and platelet transfusions. These transfusions did so much to help his quality of life and without them we would have lost him so much sooner. There are some wonderful donors out there that may not really even know what heroes they are.____So in this season of giving, I encourage you to make a blood donation. You can go to https://www.givelife.org to find where a blood drive is being held in your area. ______Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support

TIM

=> RE: A personal holiday note

Post by TIM » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:24 am

Hi Kathleen____really sorry to hear your news, my thoughts will be with you and i will be making an appointment here in the uk :-/____All the best for the future____Tim

Lisa_(Guest)

Post by Lisa_(Guest) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:02 pm

My heart and thoughts are with you and your family. ____Thank you for the reminder to investigate into donating again. ____With Sympathy,__Lisa

Rick_Johnson_(Guest)

Post by Rick_Johnson_(Guest) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:22 pm

Kathleen____Just a note to tell you that I have been donating blood for over 30 years. Now I know why I do it. Please accept my condolences for your loss. ____Your friend,__Rick Johnson

Tom_Mills

==> RE: A personal holiday note

Post by Tom_Mills » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:58 am

Very sorry for your loss.

a_rosenbaum_(Guest)

Post by a_rosenbaum_(Guest) » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:26 am

My deepest condolences to you

Alan_Klein

Post by Alan_Klein » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:19 pm

Kathleen,____I have "known" you and your generous support through various versions of R&R for probably over 15 years now. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and gladly offer you both my virtual support, as well as the physical support of my renewing my blood donation efforts, which have been, I am ashamed to say, lagging in the recent past.

cal

Post by cal » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:53 am

Kathleen,__I offer you my most heartfelt condolences.____You are the pillar which anchors all us R&R users. You have been for many years. Without you the continued existence of this community would be much diminished.____I came here today looking for some ideas how to solve a problem. I found what I needed, as usual. Though I don^t come often, because I don^t have many problems, when I do, I always leave with answers and a renewed appreciation for this group and especially for you.____There is a blood drive in my town today. I usually donate, and today I will do so with a special thought in my heart for you.____Cal K.

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> RE: A personal holiday note

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Kathleen:____ We^re *so* sorry for your loss.____ We can only imagine what you^ve been going thru these past several months.____Our Deepest and Heartfelt Sympathy to you and your family.____-Mel and Harriett Smith__