MySQL ODBC R&R RW

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Carl

MySQL ODBC R&R RW

Post by Carl » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:47 pm

I have a small MySQL ver 5.0.18-nt database called ^menagerie^ with a table called ^pet^. Pet has about 5 fields and 10 records.____I^ve created an OBDC ver 3.51.12 entry with a DSN of ^pets^ with a Description of ^MySQL Example^, Server of ^localhost^, user of ^root^ and password. The ODBC test was succescful.____I^ve created an instant R&R RW ver 11.1.009 report with this SQL=^select * from pet^.____When I click the view result set menu item the records read counts up very rapidly but the records exported stays at zero.____When I click on preview. I get an hourglass icon but no report no matter how long I wait.____I^m sure the problem is associated with the UserID and the Password. There is no place to enter them and I^m not prompted for them. What am I doing wrong? -Carl____Carl Dippel carl@dippel.us www.dippel.us/carl

kfleming

=> RE: MySQL ODBC R&R RW

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:04 am

Other users have reported similar problems with MySQL. We do not have a MYSQL install in our QA lab so I have no first hand experience with this driver. Are there any configuration options on the driver setup that you could try or any alternate drivers?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Carl

==> RE: MySQL ODBC R&R RW

Post by Carl » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:55 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-06 AT 11:59 AM (EST)]I^ve tried them all one at a time and in logical groups. They have no effect on R&R. The result is always the same as previously described. The problem seems to be with R&R RW because I can manipulate the data just fine using the ODBC from Delphi 5. Maybe it^s time to put MySQL on your QA server. After all, it^s free and in wide use. -Carl____Carl Dippel carl@dippel.us www.dippel.us/carl

Carl

===> RE: MySQL ODBC R&R RW

Post by Carl » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:17 pm

I received an email from____José David Angulo Urzola__Microexpress Ltda__Cartagena - Colombia__movil@microexpressltda.com____with the solution. You must check these ODBC Advanced Flags:____Don^t Optimize Column Width__Return Matching Rows__Used Compressed Protocol__Safe__Pad Char To Full Length____Thanks a million José.____-- Carl Dippel carl@dippel.us www.dippel.us/carl --

Carl

====> RE: MySQL ODBC R&R RW

Post by Carl » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:42 am

When I thanked José personally he told me that this solution came from R&R Support. I wonder why they would withhold that from this forum. Is it because this forum is a free or maybe a less sinister reason like the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? -Carl____-- Carl Dippel carl@dippel.us www.dippel.us/carl --